13 TRAINING RULES
TRAIN WITH A JOYOUS HEART AND A QUIET MIND AS IF IT WOULD BE THE LAST LESSON YOU WILL RECEIVE
To continue the handed-down traditions of our martial art ways, developing them further and actively propagating for the next generation.
- Proper courtesy must be practiced at all times, as taught through the martial traditions – do not allow your foe to see you in anger or he will know the ways into your mind.
- You must maintain an exemplary character in accordance with the martial arts code of conduct – your legacy will long be remembered if it is the product of good deeds.
- You must notify your sensei in case of tardiness or absence – people make plans based on your habits; do not let your foe see your plans for him.
- You must train to be prepared for everything and live in peace with nothing – complete training gear including dojo t-shirt is necessary.
- You must exhibit proper hygene including clean and pressed gear and odorless body – the wind carries your scent; do not knock on the door of he who brings you harm.
- You must remove all jewelry before entering the training area – carry not your tools of destruction at your foe’s sight.
- You must have permission from the highest rank present before entering or exiting the training floor or office – work within the confines of authorities, your intentions must not be made apparent to the common eyes.
- Though we encourage other activities, you must inform the Sensei when attending other martial arts functions – give loyalty and loyalty shall be reciprocated.
- You must refrain from excessive speaking while in training – go before your foe with a quiet mind, a pleasant smile and a plan for his demise.
- Spectators are discouraged to stay in the training area; this is a source of distraction; and influences the practitioner’s concentration.
- Under-aged members must bring their school report card to the dojo after being signed by parents so that sensei may keep records of their academic progress.
- The dojo is a safe-haven for the nurturing of your spirit, mind and heart, take good care of it.