PURPOSE FOR THE AJWBA MEMBERSHIP
To honor, serve and protect the hard and diligent work of martial arts Masters around the world. MEMBERSHIP FEE IS NO CHARGE for 5dan and up; Lower ranks are subject to membership donation of $59 per year.
We hold to a firm belief that the martial arts deal with the individual beyond techniques; it is a complete learning experience for the heart, mind, and body. Without correct spirit (essence), techniques, no matter how elegant or pure they appear, are simply that. This is what sets us apart from any other organized groups. We hold that the posture of the spirit is the highest of all forms.
With this in mind, the purpose of this organization is three dimensional:
1) To facilitate the unification of martial artists of all different traditions and to foster the conditions for sharing.
2) To ensure a transparent and non-political safe haven for both physical growths as well as emotional and spiritual development.
3) To safeguard the ethics and moral content of all martial art traditions, like the Kukishin Ryu Ninpo Taijutsu, Takagi Yoshin Ryu Samurai JuTaijutsu, Japanese Kobujutsu, Ryukyu (Okinawa) Kobujutsu, Biken Jutsu (Samurai sword), Shodoshima Ryu Karate; and to serve as host to other classical disciplines.
The AJWBA offers the opportunity to develop these martial arts further and actively propitiate the true spirit of Budo by nurturing future instructors; thus enabling instructors to pass on their teachings to future generations.
The AJWBA is a safe-haven to educate and care for its members, not just by teaching techniques, but also by fostering intellectual and traditional spiritual growth; and furthermore, by expanding the broad spectrum of their expertise so as to ensure that their teachings will be positive and proactive.
The AJWBA further offers an organized curriculum, teaching methodology and ranking system to those martial artists interested in developing their skills or looking for a new way to promote their academic growth.
The Alliance offers to preserve the martial spirits of humanity, virtuosity, combativeness and warrior ship; thus leading us all to a state of being upon which respect character, sincerity, perseverance, accountability, and consistency, are key.
The AJWBA is dedicated to providing support to its members and a high-level martial arts education. The education provided is curriculum-based, new business psychology; as well as the implementation of innovative teaching methodologies. Most importantly, members will experience the spiritual benefits, when impelled to moral action.
SOME OF THE SERVICES THE AJWBA PROVIDES:
- Legitimate Registration
- Rank Testing and Grading (each discipline is separate)
- Instructor Certification
- Membership Card and Certificate
- Individual and School Memberships
- School Charter
- International affiliation with martial artists of all styles
- A certificate of membership designating your achievement
- An exclusive and universal logo recognized for excellence
- Standardized instruction methodology
- Style based seminars
- Instructional videos
- Professional Training Manual
- Training Camp
- Special Team Qualification (tba)
- Open Qualifying Tournament (tba)
- World Summit Tournament Of Champions (tba)
- An exclusive apparel line designed for members
- World Budo Hall of Fame (tba)
- Special Community Service Award